NORTHWEST MARINE YACHT CLUB ASSOCIATION RULES
CHECK OUT IS BY 11:00 A.M.
(If you stay past this time your credit card will automatically be billed for another night!)
- The designated handicap, loading and unloading, and 15-minute zones must be observed by all members and their guests.
- No house trailers, camping vehicles, camping trailers, boat trailers, boat cradles, recreational vehicles, or vehicles may be parked on the premises. Off season upper lot storage by permit only.
- If you have more than one vehicle or a large SUV/truck, park in the upper lot during busy times. (when lower lot is above 50% capacity)
- Lessees and Transient dock rentals are to park in the North upper lot during busy times (when lower lot is above 50% capacity).
- Do not park on the grass.
- Guests of members using the parking facilities must park in the upper lot during busy times (when lower lot is above 50% capacity).
- The spaces at the South end near the bike rack are for loading and unloading only.
- Parking is permitted in the Foster Boat Works lot along Ferry Ave except during the month of July. We are also never permitted to park in the spaces along the condos. The spaces next to the south dumpster can be utilized but are limited to one car per family/group. The north upper and lower parking lots are for owners, lessees, and guests as designated.
- If you have a large vehicle or multiple vehicles, please park them in the upper lot.
- Park in the upper lot if you are leaving for any period of time. All vehicles that are parked in the lot for extended periods (while cruising) must be registered with the Harbormaster. Failure to register your vehicle may result in your vehicle being towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
- During special events, parking may be limited to owners and lessees. (Venetian fireworks)
- No charging of electric vehicles is permitted using Northwest power outlets.
- Violators of the parking rules are subject to towing at the owner’s expense.
- Pets must be on a leash, not left unattended, and are not allowed in the Clubhouse or pool.
- Pet owners are responsible for the clean-up of all pet waste. Mutt mitts are available on the North upper lot and on the white building at the South end. Use the dock walk areas near the mitt stations to relieve your pets. Do not use the picnic areas, fire pit area, or any other commons area.
- No day charter boats or commercial use of any dock or common elements will be permitted.
- No overnight rentals of vessels are permitted.
- Daily and short-term rental of your boat or slip through the use of rental services or on your own are prohibited.
- The Marina can rent your slip for you while you are away by utilizing the float plan / authorization form. No slips will be rented without authorization
- Seasonal rentals are permitted. The Marina can manage your seasonal rental for you. Use of the slip rental authorization form is required for this service. Direct seasonal rentals are permitted but you must submit a lease agreement to the Harbormaster before the season begins. Short term and partial season rentals (ex: when you are on vacation, early season, and late season) can be arranged in conjunction with the Harbormaster. You can specify who rents your slip but you must work with the Harbormaster so that we know who is renting your slip. A slip in the marina rental program may be utilized as a transient slip if there is no long-term renter to assign.
- No major boat work is permitted in the Harbor.
- Any addition or modification to your dock must be approved.
- Dock boxes must be approved by the Board of Directors. Dock boxes must be kept reasonably clean and in working order. See dock box policy for further information.
- No carpeting will be permitted on docks or posts, except a small throw rug, for the purpose of wiping dirt off shoes.
- Halyards must be tied off. A fine may result if your halyards have to be tied off by our staff.
- No immoral, improper, unlawful or offensive activities shall be carried on in any unit or upon the common elements.
- No open flames will be permitted anywhere on the dock, finger piers or boats. All cooking shall be done below deck or in areas designated by the Board of Directors.
- No watercraft of any type shall be moored, even temporarily, anywhere in the yacht basin other than in a unit.
- Watercraft may be tied to the pump out dock only while using the facilities and must be attended by a responsible person.
- All dinghies must be securely moored to a dock or finger pier wholly with the limits of the unit.
- Use of firearms, fireworks or other similar dangerous weapons is not permitted.
- Any sign displayed in the yacht basin must be approved by the Board of Directors.
- No unsightly condition may be maintained.
- After 10:00 p.m. unnecessary noise or loud talking or playing of musical instruments or sound systems is not permitted.
- Materials put into the water must not cause a nuisance to any member or member’s boat and must not pollute the water in any way.
- No bicycles or any other vehicle shall be stored or ridden on any dock. (Marina staff are exempt)
- No personal items are to be stored on any dock.
- No refueling, gas or diesel, will be permitted in the Harbor.
- No fishing upon any dock or finger pier.
- No swimming in the harbor or slip area is permitted.
- No fish cleaning on premises will be permitted.
- Boat lengths: Vessels in a 30 FT. slip may not extend more than 3 FT. past the end of the finger pier. Vessels in a 40 FT. slip may not extend more than 4 FT. past the end of the finger pier. Vessels in 55 FT. and 70 FT. slips may not extend past the outer pilings of their respective slips. Vessels in slips 92, 149, 194, and 195 may not extend more than 10 FT. past the end of their respective slips. Owners and vessels that presently exceed this rule (as 15 Dec 2007) and do not present a hazard to navigation must come into compliance when a new vessel is next purchased. Any new slip owner’s, renter’s, or transient’s vessel must be in compliance. Slip owners are responsible for the compliance of their lessees (renting direct from owner) or the slip owner will be fined $200.00 per calendar month or any portion thereof until lessee becomes compliant.
- NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY AT ANY TIME. SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Pool rules are posted in the pool area. Please familiarize yourself with them.
- Children under 14 and all guests must be accompanied by an adult member while in the pool area.
- ABSOLUTELY NO DIVING!
- No swimming in the harbor or slip area is permitted.
- Dumpsters are only for garbage generated at Northwest Marine and Foster Boat Works.
- Garbage must be securely bagged, tied and placed in one of the dumpsters.
- It is against state and federal law to dispose of paint, oil, or antifreeze anywhere other than a designated facility. We are not such a facility!
- No appliances or furniture shall be put in the dumpster or dumpster area.
- No toxic, flammable, or hazardous waste
- Break down all boxes before depositing in dumpster
- No reserving of tables, grills, or other areas are allowed unless authorized by Harbormaster or Board of Directors.
- You are responsible to clean up after use of any area.
- Large gatherings are limited to 10 people. Larger gatherings must be approved. Larger gatherings of multiple owners do not apply.
Return to the loading areas promptly and in the same condition in which they were found. If soiled you are required to clean them.
Clubhouse and RESTROOMS
- Do not provide access code to anyone other than owners and guests that you know. Others should get the code from their respective association (NWMYC / FBW) Inform guests that they are only permitted use of the facilities while they are your guest and not afterwards
- If you make a mess, clean up after yourself.
- Children must be supervised by an adult
COMPLAINTS AND SUGGESTIONS
- Complaints, suggestions, and requests should be made in writing, signed, and given to the Harbormaster.
- Complaints of violations by members should be made in writing, signed and given to the Board of Directors.
- No reprimand shall be given directly to any employee. Contact your Harbormaster or board member with any concerns
- No fine shall be levied for the first violation of the rules.
- $30.00 for the second violation, etc
- Objectionable acts not covered by the rules may result in a fine determined by the Harbormaster.
Marina Address: MAILING ADDRESS
202 Ferry Avenue, Charlevoix MI, 49720 110 Park Avenue, Charlevoix, MI 49720